It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  But most men regard their life as a poem that women threaten. They may not have two spondees to rub together but they still want to pen their saga untrammelled... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 19 09-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: soni
  It's not an epitaph. I felt I could look back at my life and get a good story out of it. It's a picture of somebody trying to figure things out. I'm not trying to create some impression about myself. That doesn't interest me. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 18 09-17-2017, 11:21 PM
  Once I began to consider everything as being of potential interest, objects released latent layers of value. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 15 09-13-2017, 09:58 AM
  A successful work will draw out the features capable of exciting a sense of beauty and interest in the spectator. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 12 09-13-2017, 09:51 AM
  Unnatural to expect that learning to be happy should be any easier than, say, learning to play the violin or require any less practice. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 8 09-12-2017, 11:32 PM