It would be too ridiculous to go about seriously to prove that wealth does not consist in money, or in gold and silver... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:It would be too ridiculous to go about seriously to prove that wealth does not consist in money, or in gold and silver; but in what money purchases, and is valuable only for purchasing. Money no doubt, makes always a part of the national capital; but it has already been shown that it generally makes but a small part, and always the most unprofitable part of it. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I did a concert at five years old in the garden of one of the church members, and we raised some money to buy a new piano in our little church. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 1 4 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  The opening-night audience is mostly friends of the cast and backers of the show, and they cometo applaud their money. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 07:08 AM
  There are people who are genuinely upset in the Tea Party. I understand that. But that movement was funded with seed money... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-18-2017, 10:27 PM
  John McCain is now openly endorsing the policies of the Bush-Cheney White House and promising to actually continue the same policies over again? Hey, I believe in recycling but that's ridiculous. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-18-2017, 10:15 PM
  I am a passionate advocate of getting special interest money out of politics. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-18-2017, 10:15 PM