The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect persons... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect persons of poor and mean condition is the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Actually, the person I related to was James Dean. I grew up with the Dean thing. Rebel Without A Cause had a very powerful effect on me. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 5 Today, 07:09 AM
Last Post: soni
  Oscar Wilde said the rich and the poor are equal - they can both sleep under the bridge. Right? Do they have a right? You're damn right they have a right! - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 08:18 AM
  Rich could play way better than Krupa. - Al Hirt Quotes soni 0 4 08-19-2017, 10:30 PM
  Fear is the most powerful enemy of reason. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-18-2017, 10:12 PM
  Of all the works of civilization that interfere with the natural water distribution system, irrigation has been by far the most pervasive and powerful. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-17-2017, 06:53 AM