The interest of the dealers, however, in any particular branch of trade or manufactures, is always in some respects different from... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:The interest of the dealers, however, in any particular branch of trade or manufactures, is always in some respects different from, and even opposite to, that of the public. To widen the market and to narrow the competition, is always the interest of the dealers. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's not an epitaph. I felt I could look back at my life and get a good story out of it. It's a picture of somebody trying to figure things out. I'm not trying to create some impression about myself. That doesn't interest me. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 18 09-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: soni
  Once I began to consider everything as being of potential interest, objects released latent layers of value. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-13-2017, 09:58 AM
  A successful work will draw out the features capable of exciting a sense of beauty and interest in the spectator. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 12 09-13-2017, 09:51 AM
  It seems, in fact, that the more advanced a society is, the greater will be its interest in ruined things, for it will see in them a redemptively... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-11-2017, 10:00 PM
  These latter institutions [the civil service, trade unions, media of all kinds], notably of course television, but more subtly the written press, are quite spectacular powers of unreason and ignorance. - Alain Badiou Quotes soni 0 11 09-06-2017, 07:46 AM