It is not the actual greatness of national wealth, but its continual increase, which occasions a rise in the wages of labour... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:It is not the actual greatness of national wealth, but its continual increase, which occasions a rise in the wages of labour. It is not, accordingly, in the richest countries, but in the most thriving, or in those which are growing rich the fastest, that the wages of labour are highest. England is certainly, in the present times, a much richer country than any part of North America. The wages of labour, however, are much higher in North America than in any part of England. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the one species I wouldn't mind seeing vanish from the face of the earth. I wish they were like the White Rhinosix of them left in the Serengeti National Park, and all males. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: soni
  Wealth is not an absolute. It is relative to desire. Every time we yearn for something we cannot afford... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-12-2017, 07:36 AM
  It is this idea 'decency' should be attached to wealth -and 'indecency'' to poverty - that forms the core of one strand of skeptical complaint against the modern status-ideal... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 25 09-11-2017, 07:41 AM
  Do not vie with others in the accumulation of wealth. Vie with them in Ibadaah. - Al-Shafi'i Quotes soni 0 6 09-04-2017, 12:49 PM
  Wealth remains behind on earth while ibadaah accompanies you into the grave. - Al-Shafi'i Quotes soni 0 10 09-04-2017, 12:45 PM