Nobody but a beggar chooses to depend chiefly upon the benevolence of his fellow-citizens. - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:Nobody but a beggar chooses to depend chiefly upon the benevolence of his fellow-citizens. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My fellow Americans, people all over the world, we need to solve the climate crisis, it's not a political issue, it's a moral issue... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-17-2017, 07:04 AM
Last Post: soni
  It's an important point, and every little bit helps not least because those who make those kinds of changes are more likely to make their voices heard as citizens. But the ultimate solutions are going to come through policies. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-16-2017, 10:12 PM
  Harvard's Kennedy School of Government asked me to serve as a fellow at its Shorenstein Center on the Press, Politics, and Public Policy... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 10 08-11-2017, 10:18 PM
  The Republican agenda is a radical vision in which Medicaid is slashed to the bone - in which we start to balance the budget on the backs of, literally, our most vulnerable citizens. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 5 08-11-2017, 10:17 PM
  I think the government has a role in protecting the fundamental rights of its citizens. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 6 08-11-2017, 06:50 AM