Consumption is the sole end and purpose of all production; and the interest of the producer ought to be attended to only... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:Consumption is the sole end and purpose of all production; and the interest of the producer ought to be attended to only so far as it may be necessary for promoting that of the consumer. The maxim is so perfectly self-evident that it would be absurd to attempt to prove it. But in the mercantile system the interest of the consumer is almost constantly sacrificed to that of the producer; and it seems to consider production, and not consumption, as the ultimate end and object of all industry and commerce. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The way to bring gas prices down is to end our dependence on oil and use the renewable sources that can give us the equivalent of $1 per gallon gasoline. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 10 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I believe that the purpose of life is to glorify God. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 06:48 AM
  I'm not trying to top anything. I'm trying to be useful, to play a positive role, to serve the public interest. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-16-2017, 10:27 PM
  The answer is to end our reliance on carbon-based fuels... If we succeed, we create booming new industries, wealth... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-16-2017, 10:06 PM
  If you look at the way all of the new reform movements dedicated to the public interest are living and thriving on the I soni 0 12 08-14-2017, 06:56 AM