The directors of such companies, however, being the managers rather of other people's money than of their own... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:The directors of such companies, however, being the managers rather of other people's money than of their own, it cannot well be expected, that they should watch over it with the same anxious vigilance with which the partners in a private copartnery frequently watch over their own.... Negligence and profusion, therefore, must always prevail, more or less, in the management of the affairs of such a company. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That's the way to live - around people who care. It may be a tough ride, but something is going to come out of it. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 1 52 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  I'm an actor, not a star. Stars are people who live in Hollywood and have heart-shaped swimming pools. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 53 minutes ago
  I don't like what's going on in Iraq, naturally. I'm part of a large majority of people who don't, but I do not know the whole story. I do not believe what I see on television... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 57 minutes ago
  We were doing Scarface many years ago...and I remember having my coffee and looking at the beach, the surf, and I saw a hundred people looking out into the ocean... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 1 hour ago
  Sometimes you're fighting corporations and forget that people can talk to each other. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 1 hour ago