In a militia, the character of the laborer, artificer, or tradesman, predominates over that of the soldier: in a standing army, that of the soldier predominates over every other character... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:In a militia, the character of the laborer, artificer, or tradesman, predominates over that of the soldier: in a standing army, that of the soldier predominates over every other character... - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I smoked pot in college and in the Army... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Last Post: soni
  I have felt for a long time that the pathway to solving the climate crisis is through the building of a massive grassroots army of men and women... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-14-2017, 10:27 PM
  Self - development should be a perpetual process. In life you are either growing or rotting. You're moving forward or backwards; there is no standing still. - Al Duncan Quotes soni 0 10 08-10-2017, 06:48 AM
  These guys are not from the Iraqi army, ... These are not Iraqi soldiers. They are not members of any of the Iraqi armed forces. - Al Capone Quotes soni 0 8 08-09-2017, 06:40 AM
  In every character I play, I try to imbibe something. Every film is a learning process for me. - Ajay Naidu Quotes soni 0 9 08-01-2017, 06:27 AM