No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable. It is but equity, besides, that they who feed, clothe and lodge the whole body of the people, should have such a share of the produce of their own labour as to be themselves tolerably well fed, clothed and lodged. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It seems to me the mark of a civilized society that certain privileges should be taken for granted such as education, health care and the safety to walk the streets. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 28 09-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: soni
  I'm not "happy" but I'm not unhappy about it. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-22-2017, 10:32 AM
  Mark my words, when a society has to resort to the lavatory for its humour, the writing is on the wall. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 20 09-22-2017, 10:21 AM
  I'm a huge freak, and always have been. I spent the first part of my life trying really desperately not to be one, and it was just a waste of time. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-20-2017, 07:24 PM
  Happy relationships are boring. We all want them in our own life. But I don't want to watch them on TV. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 16 09-20-2017, 07:20 PM