Whenever the legislature attempts to regulate differences between masters and their workmen... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:Whenever the legislature attempts to regulate differences between masters and their workmen, its counsellors are always the masters. When the regulation, therefore, is in favor of the workmen, it is always just and equitable; but it is sometimes otherwise when in favor of the masters. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've never forgotten that experience. But I had nobody at school that was either like Hector or Irwin. The masters had no idea what was expected of you in the scholarship exam, so you just had to busk it really. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 31 09-23-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: soni
  No sane local official who has hung up an empty stocking over the municipal fireplace is going to shoot Santa Claus just before a hard Christmas. - Al Smith Quotes soni 0 16 08-27-2017, 07:04 AM
  The Brooklyn Bridge and I grew up together. - Al Smith Quotes soni 0 13 08-27-2017, 07:03 AM
  I believe in the support of the public school as one of the cornerstones of American liberty. I believe in the right of every parent to choose... - Al Smith Quotes soni 0 13 08-27-2017, 07:03 AM
  Sin is like a journey, it begins with one step. - Al Smith Quotes soni 0 16 08-27-2017, 07:02 AM