That a joint stock company should be able to carry on successfully any branch of foreign trade... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:That a joint stock company should be able to carry on successfully any branch of foreign trade, when private adventurers can come into any sort of open and fair competition with them, seems contrary to all experience. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even 'hari-kari' if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun! - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 19 09-16-2017, 07:43 AM
Last Post: soni
  One of the unexpectedly important things that art can do for us is to teach us how to suffer more successfully. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-13-2017, 09:56 AM
  The company of certain people may excite our generosity and sensitivity, while that of others awakens our competitiveness and envy. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 9 09-12-2017, 11:34 PM
  I was foreign and Jewish, with a funny name, and was very small and hated sport, a real problem at an English prep school... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 11 09-11-2017, 07:33 AM
  It seemed an advantage to be traveling alone. Our responses to the world are crucially moulded by the company we keep... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 16 09-10-2017, 09:50 AM