The theory that can absorb the greatest number of facts, and persist in doing so, generation after generation, through all changes of opinion and detail, is the one that must rule all observation. - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:The theory that can absorb the greatest number of facts, and persist in doing so, generation after generation, through all changes of opinion and detail, is the one that must rule all observation. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deluded liberal that I am, I persist in thinking that those with a streak of sexual unorthodoxy ought to be more tolerant of their fellows than those... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:02 PM
Last Post: soni
  I'm not like J.K. Rowling, where I know there's going to be this number of seasons, and I know exactly what's going to happen... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 8 09-20-2017, 07:13 PM
  Leadership requires the courage to make decisions that will benefit the next generation. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 7 09-19-2017, 10:08 PM
  When I studied how to think in school, I was taught that the first rule of logic was that a thing cannot both be and not be at the same time and in the same respect... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 18 09-18-2017, 09:29 PM
  Some of the greatest things, as I understand, they have come about by serendipity, the greatest discoveries - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 22 09-18-2017, 09:25 PM