Though the principles of the banking trade may appear somewhat abstruse, the practice is capable of being reduced to strict rules... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:Though the principles of the banking trade may appear somewhat abstruse, the practice is capable of being reduced to strict rules. To depart upon any occasion from those rules, is consequence of some flattering speculation of extraordinary gain, is almost always extremely dangerous, and frequently fatal to the banking company which attempts it. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We started off trying to set up a small anarchist community, but people wouldn't obey the rules. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 15 09-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Last Post: soni
  Republicans are as capable of coming up with great ideas and moving this country along as anyone - they just don't do it. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 11 09-16-2017, 07:32 AM
  Creativity means learning where the rules exist, and then breaking them! Saying, "It's better this way." But you have to know the rules in order to break them with any grace. - Alan Arkin Quotes soni 0 19 09-15-2017, 10:50 AM
  To tell the truth, girls are no longer the way they used to be. They play gangsters, nowadays, just like boys. They organize rackets. They plan holdups and practice karate... - Alain Robbe-Grillet Quotes soni 0 10 09-14-2017, 12:39 PM
  I always work the same way, starting from the beginning of the weekend, so I know at the beginning of the race, from all that I have analysed during the practice, whether I will win the race or not. - Alain Prost Quotes soni 0 11 09-13-2017, 09:47 PM