A monopoly granted either to an individual or to a trading company has the same effect as a secret in trade or manufactures... - Adam Smith Quotes
Quote:A monopoly granted either to an individual or to a trading company has the same effect as a secret in trade or manufactures. The monopolists, by keeping the market constantly understocked, by never fully supplying the effectual demand, sell their commodities much above the natural price, and raise their emoluments, whether they consist in wages or profit, greatly above their natural rate. - Adam Smith Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Actually, the person I related to was James Dean. I grew up with the Dean thing. Rebel Without A Cause had a very powerful effect on me. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 07:09 AM
Last Post: soni
  Managing can be more discouraging than playing, especially when you're losing because when you're a player, there are at least individual goals you can shoot for... - Al Lopez Quotes soni 0 7 08-22-2017, 08:24 AM
  My secret for success? I don't know what the hell success means. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 8 08-22-2017, 08:21 AM
  Obviously given good health, and a continuing audience and a record company that allows me to do music. So given those things yes, I'm introducing some new music that people haven't really heard me do in quite this fashion. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 15 08-19-2017, 11:17 PM
  We need to put a price on carbon, and that's what cap-and-trade does and that's also what a CO2 tax does... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-18-2017, 10:18 PM