Read for yourselves, read for the sake of your inspiration, for the sweet turmoil in your lovely head... - Adam Zagajewski Quotes
Quote:Read for yourselves, read for the sake of your inspiration, for the sweet turmoil in your lovely head. But also read against yourselves, read for questioning and impotence, for despair and erudition... and also read those whose darkness or malice or madness or greatness you can't understand because only in this way will you grow, outlive yourself, and become what you are. - Adam Zagajewski Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I see myself in the mold of Rin Tin Tin. It didn't go to his head either. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-16-2017, 08:03 AM
Last Post: soni
  I'm old enough to know that a red carpet's just a rug, and I've been able to enjoy the pageantry without letting it go to my head. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-16-2017, 07:28 AM
  I think I may have a future as a disembodied head. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-15-2017, 10:24 PM
  The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don't say 'I read a science fiction novel that says it's not a problem.' You take action. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 10:19 PM
  And I think that being able to make people laugh and write a book that's funny makes the information go down a lot easier and it makes it a lot more fun to read, easier to understand, and often stronger... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-11-2017, 07:16 AM