She was bedridden falling a fall which broke her hip. X-rays showed that she had cancer of the colon which had already spreed... - Adeline Yen Mah Quotes
Quote:She was bedridden falling a fall which broke her hip. X-rays showed that she had cancer of the colon which had already spreed. To my surprise I found her cheerful and free of pain, perhaps because of the small doses of morphine she was being given. She was surrounded by neighbours and friends who congregated at her bedside day and night. In this cosy, noisy, gregarious world of the "all-chinese" sickbed, so different from the stark, sterile solitude of the American hospital room, her life had assumed the astounding quality of a continuous farewell party. - Adeline Yen Mah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cancer, like any other illness, is a bore. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-23-2017, 06:10 PM
Last Post: soni
  So boring you fall asleep halfway through her name. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-23-2017, 06:10 PM
  Is it possible to have an endless series of successes without falling on our faces? I suppose it is, but I think it would entail doing... - Alan Arkin Quotes soni 0 13 09-15-2017, 10:47 AM
  If cynicism and love lie at opposite ends of a spectrum, do we not sometimes fall in love in order to escape the debilitating cynicism to which we are prone?... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 17 09-13-2017, 09:53 AM
  Every fall into love involves the triumph of hope over self-knowledge. We fall in love hoping we won't find in another what we know... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-10-2017, 09:39 AM