You may be right in believing that if you study hard, one day you might become fluent in English. But you will still look Chinese... - Adeline Yen Mah Quotes
Quote:You may be right in believing that if you study hard, one day you might become fluent in English. But you will still look Chinese, and when people meet you, they’ll see a Chinese girl no matter how well you speak English. You’ll always be expected to know Chinese, and if you don’t, I’m afraid they will not respect you as much. - Adeline Yen Mah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's easy to fool the eye but it's hard to fool the heart. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Economists who speak the English tongue are strangely intimidated by mathematical symbols. - Al Nichol Quotes soni 0 5 4 hours ago
  I bullshit on the phone all day with a variety of people discussing various projects, and occasionally write jokes. - Al Madrigal Quotes soni 0 1 Yesterday, 09:49 AM
  I can't take another day of this. - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 8 08-21-2017, 06:23 AM
  All of a sudden I'm in the major leagues and we're traveling from town to town. I see the other players dressing different every day. I've got only one suit and I keep wearing it over and over. I'm really embarrassed. - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 8 08-21-2017, 06:23 AM