You will find that the truth is often unpopular and the contest between agreeable fancy and disagreeable fact is unequal. For, in the vernacular, we Americans are suckers for good news. - Adlai E. Stevenson Quotes
Quote:You will find that the truth is often unpopular and the contest between agreeable fancy and disagreeable fact is unequal. For, in the vernacular, we Americans are suckers for good news. - Adlai E. Stevenson Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think the writer's quite low down in the hierarchy really. But the fact that they took the piss out of Nicholas... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 34 09-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Last Post: soni
  There is no such thing as a good script, onlya good film, and I'm conscious that my scripts often read better than they play. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-23-2017, 06:58 PM
  The Breed never dies. Sapper, Buchan, Dornford Yates, practitioners in that school of Snobbery withViolence that runs like a thread of good-class tweed through twentieth-century literature. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
  If you find yourself born in Barnsley and then set your sights on being Virginia Woolf it is not going to be roses all the way. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 20 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM
  There's very little in the substance of [THE LADY IN THE VAN] which is not fact though some adjustments have had to be made... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-22-2017, 10:33 AM