Freedom is not an ideal, it is not even a protection, if it means nothing more than freedom to stagnate, to live without dreams, to have no greater aim than a second car and another television set. - Adlai E. Stevenson Quotes
Quote:Freedom is not an ideal, it is not even a protection, if it means nothing more than freedom to stagnate, to live without dreams, to have no greater aim than a second car and another television set. - Adlai E. Stevenson Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There are more microbes per person than the entire population of the world. Imagine that. Per person. This means that if the time scale is diminished in ... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Last Post: soni
  If I am doing nothing, I like to be doing nothing to some purpose. That is what leisure means. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:04 PM
  If you find yourself born in Barnsley and then set your sights on being Virginia Woolf it is not going to be roses all the way. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM
  Never read the Bible as if it means something. Or at any rate don't try and mean it. Nor prayers. The liturgy is best treated and read as if it's someone announcing the departure of trains. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 19 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  You always know when you're going to arrive. If you go by car, you don't. Apart from anything else, I prefer cycling. It puts you in a good mood, I find. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 28 09-22-2017, 10:30 AM