I have been told that one of the reasons the astronomers of the world cooperate is the fact that there is no one nation... - Adlai Stevenson I Quotes
Quote:I have been told that one of the reasons the astronomers of the world cooperate is the fact that there is no one nation from which the entire sphere of the sky can be seen. Perhaps there is in that fact a parable for national statesmen, whose political horizons are all too often limited by national horizons. - Adlai Stevenson I Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I learned more stuff in church than I did in the world. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 Today, 06:50 AM
Last Post: soni
  The United States is the only nation that can lead the world toward a solution on climate change. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 Yesterday, 10:26 PM
  The truth is that we're at a critical juncture in the history of our species and if we don't act soon, we could inhabit a world... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
  Israel has its own right as a nation to defend its national security. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 10:21 PM
  The mountain glaciers in every region of the world are melting, many of them at an accelerated rate, threatening drinking supplies... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:03 PM