The first rule of all air combat is to see the opponent first. Like the hunter who stalks his prey and maneuvers himself... - Adolf Galland Quotes
Quote:The first rule of all air combat is to see the opponent first. Like the hunter who stalks his prey and maneuvers himself unnoticed into the most favourable position for the kill, the fighter in the opening of a dogfight must detect the opponent as early as possible in order to attain a superior position for the attack. - Adolf Galland Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My rule was I wouldn't recruit a kid if he had grass in front of his house. That's not my world. My world has a cracked sidewalk. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 5 08-20-2017, 06:33 PM
Last Post: soni
  The global warming deniers persist in this air of unreality. After all, the entire north polar icecap, which has been there for most... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 08-18-2017, 10:10 PM
  Local and state governments have outrun the federal government. The EPA has served notice that it will enact a rule requiring CO2 reductions... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-17-2017, 06:54 AM
  You have to rip your opponent's lungs out and then move on. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 11 08-17-2017, 06:46 AM
  I've chosen not to challenge the rule of law, because in our system there really is no intermediate step between a Supreme Court decision... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-16-2017, 10:28 PM