Baseball is about homecoming. It is a journey by theft and strength, guile and speed, out around first to the far island of second, ... - A. Bartlett Giamatti Quotes
Quote:Baseball is about homecoming. It is a journey by theft and strength, guile and speed, out around first to the far island of second, where foes lurk in the reefs and the green sea suddenly grows deeper, then to turn sharply, skimming the shallows, making for a shore that will show a friendly face, a color, a familiar language and, at third, to proceed, no longer by paths indirect but straight, to home. - A. Bartlett Giamatti Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  While President Bush likes to project an image of strength and courage, the real truth is that in the presence of his large financial contributors, he is a moral coward. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 10:32 PM
Last Post: soni
  CO2 is the exhaling breath of our civilization, literally... Changing that pattern requires a scope, a scale, a speed of change that is beyond what we have done in the past. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 20 08-13-2017, 04:35 PM
  There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit. - Al Gallagher Quotes soni 0 8 08-12-2017, 10:31 PM
  They say...the stopwatch never lies. Speed kills but absolute speed kills absolutely. - Al Davis Quotes soni 0 6 08-09-2017, 10:26 PM
  Reached only by boat, seaplane and, with less surety, telephone-this is Fire Island, a pile of sand beneath a pile of people. - Al Aronowitz Quotes soni 0 19 08-09-2017, 07:03 AM