Baseball is about homecoming. It is a journey by theft and strength, guile and speed, out around first to the far island of second, ... - A. Bartlett Giamatti Quotes
Quote:Baseball is about homecoming. It is a journey by theft and strength, guile and speed, out around first to the far island of second, where foes lurk in the reefs and the green sea suddenly grows deeper, then to turn sharply, skimming the shallows, making for a shore that will show a friendly face, a color, a familiar language and, at third, to proceed, no longer by paths indirect but straight, to home. - A. Bartlett Giamatti Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We set ourselves limits, but we are all strong enough to aim higher, to achieve our goals. All we have to do is find such strength within ourselves. Know how to develop it. - Alain Robert Quotes soni 0 14 09-14-2017, 12:47 PM
Last Post: soni
  When I test I never go right to the limit. Only because when you are below the limit you can go at the same speed all day, and that's the only way you can be absolutely sure about what you are testing. - Alain Prost Quotes soni 0 12 09-13-2017, 09:48 PM
  Without going to what I think is my limit. I always say that my ideal is to get pole with the minimum effort, and to win the race at the slowest speed possible. - Alain Prost Quotes soni 0 14 09-13-2017, 09:46 PM
  Every man needs to find a peak, a mountain top or a remote island of his own choosing that he reaches under his own power alone in his own good time. - Alain Gerbault Quotes soni 0 11 09-13-2017, 09:45 PM
  We are sad at home and blame the weather and the ugliness of the buildings, but on the tropical island we learn... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 17 09-12-2017, 07:32 AM