Far better to think historically, to remember the lessons of the past. Thus, far better to conceive of power as consisting in part of the knowledge of when not to use all the power you have... - A. Bartlett Giamatti Quotes
Quote:Far better to think historically, to remember the lessons of the past. Thus, far better to conceive of power as consisting in part of the knowledge of when not to use all the power you have. Far better to be one who knows that if you reserve the power not to use all your power, you will lead others far more successfully and well. - A. Bartlett Giamatti Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I lack what the English call character, by which they mean the power to refrain. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 8 09-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Last Post: soni
  Remember. You are a physician. You are not a policeman nor are you a minister of religion. You must take people as they come... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-22-2017, 10:16 AM
  Never underestimate the power of denial. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 27 09-21-2017, 11:39 PM
  I'm a huge freak, and always have been. I spent the first part of my life trying really desperately not to be one, and it was just a waste of time. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-20-2017, 07:24 PM
  I can remember walking on the moon. - Alan Bean Quotes soni 0 18 09-19-2017, 10:42 PM