Nothing is impossible,' said one of the seven sages of Greece, 'to industry.' Let us change the word,... - Adoniram Judson Quotes
Quote:Nothing is impossible,' said one of the seven sages of Greece, 'to industry.' Let us change the word, 'industry,' to 'persevering prayer,' and the motto will be more Christian and more worthy of universal adoption. - Adoniram Judson Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ...she felt about reading what some writers felt about writing: that it was impossible not to do it and that at this late stage of her life she had been chosen to read as others were chosen to write. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 24 09-23-2017, 06:59 PM
Last Post: soni
  I'm from the South, so while I personally find it impossible to live there, I still have a fondness for it as a geographical region. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 16 09-20-2017, 07:28 PM
  I am a little suspicious of industry paradigms. I feel like so many movies and TV shows feel so familiar because of over-reliance on these paradigms. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 21 09-20-2017, 07:19 PM
  This famous quote hangs over my desk, as well as the desks of many people with the hubris and optimism to believe they can change the world for the better... - Alan AtKisson Quotes soni 0 12 09-19-2017, 10:06 PM
  I have a final word of advice to our students. If you work very, very hard, this is the kind of actor, writer and director you may turn out to be, and if you work extra hard, this is the kind of person you may turn out to be. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-18-2017, 09:30 PM