For dash and gallantry the bloodthirsty Scots, Australians and Canadians led the way, with the impetuous Irish close behind... - Adrian Carton de Wiart Quotes
Quote:For dash and gallantry the bloodthirsty Scots, Australians and Canadians led the way, with the impetuous Irish close behind. The Australian to my mind were the most aggressive, and managed to keep their form in spite of their questionable discipline. Out of the line they were undoubtedly difficult to handle, but once in it they loved a fight. They were a curious mixture of toughness and sentimentality... - Adrian Carton de Wiart Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What she was finding also was how one book led to another, doors kept opening wherever she turned and the days weren't long enough for the reading she wanted to do. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-22-2017, 10:24 AM
Last Post: soni
  What I find interesting is how close you can run the laughter along the seam of seriousness, and occasionally cross it, so that half the house genuinely doesn't know whether to laugh or cry... - Alan Ayckbourn Quotes soni 0 12 09-19-2017, 10:24 PM
  The last two years, nationals have been close to home for me, so I've had big family support from friends and club support... - Alaine Chartrand Quotes soni 0 10 09-15-2017, 10:28 AM
  We used to build temples, and museums are about as close as secular society dares to go in facing up to the idea that a good building can change your life (and a bad one ruin it). - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-13-2017, 09:54 AM
  We envy only those whom we feel ourselves to be like; we envy only members of our reference group. There are few successes more unendurable than those of our close friends. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 16 09-08-2017, 08:43 PM