William Henry Flower the Anglican too praised evolution as a cleansing solvent, dissolving the dross which had 'encrusted' Christianity 'in the days of ignorance and superstition'. - Adrian Desmond Quotes
Quote:William Henry Flower the Anglican too praised evolution as a cleansing solvent, dissolving the dross which had 'encrusted' Christianity 'in the days of ignorance and superstition'. - Adrian Desmond Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "To be or not to be is" [by William Shakespeare] beyond anything I can comprehend. I understand it on a superficial level, but the depth of it just boggles my mind. I think it's probably the greatest of all speeches ever written. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 06:47 AM
Last Post: soni
  As the days went on, I didn't mind the games. In fact, I looked forward to them. That was the easiest part of all... - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 8 08-21-2017, 06:26 AM
  The nicest thing about coaching is that one day you feel like you can play handball against a curb, and on other days you feel like you can fly to the moon. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 7 08-20-2017, 06:32 PM
  That's the way I try to live. I think it's the only way for human beings at this point in our evolution as souls, where everyone in their lifetime is going through stuff. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 10 08-19-2017, 11:12 PM
  ...the emergent capabilities bursting forth from the revolutionary advances in the life sciences are about to make us the principal agent of evolution. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-16-2017, 10:23 PM