In his fifty-six years he was at times many things, including a fugitive, prisoner, rising politician, army leader... - Adrian Goldsworthy Quotes
Quote:In his fifty-six years he was at times many things, including a fugitive, prisoner, rising politician, army leader, legal advocate, rebel, dictator – perhaps even a god – as well as a husband, father, lover and adulterer. Few fictional heroes have ever done as much as Caius Julius Caesar. - Adrian Goldsworthy Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I write plays about things that I can't resolve in my mind. I try to root things out. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-23-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: soni
  One of the hardest things for boys to learn is that a teacher is human. One of the hardest things for a teacher to learn is not to try and tell them. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-23-2017, 06:09 PM
  At eighty things do not occur; they recur. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 15 09-22-2017, 10:29 AM
  I tried to explain to her the significance of the great poet, but without much success, The Waste Land not figuring very largely in Mam's scheme of things... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-22-2017, 10:15 AM
  The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 8 09-22-2017, 10:12 AM