The 1990s were also when a bunch of the soft-shoe language for race, gender, and class became paramount... - Adrian Matejka Quotes
Quote:The 1990s were also when a bunch of the soft-shoe language for race, gender, and class became paramount. Because before that I wasn't thinking about systems or food insecurity or whatever. I was just thinking about not getting picked on for being black and not being hungry. - Adrian Matejka Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Breed never dies. Sapper, Buchan, Dornford Yates, practitioners in that school of Snobbery withViolence that runs like a thread of good-class tweed through twentieth-century literature. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: soni
  Had your forefathers, Wigglesworth, been as stupid as you are, the human race would never have succeeded in procreating itself. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-23-2017, 06:13 PM
  An article on playwrights in the Daily Mail , listed according to Hard Left, Soft Left, Hard Right, Soft Right and Centre. I am not listed. I should probably come under Soft Centre. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
  A bookshelf is as particular to its owner as are his or her clothes; a personality is stamped on a library just as a shoe is shaped by the foot. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-22-2017, 10:28 AM
  As a writer one is allowed to have conversations with oneself. What is considered sane in writers is made for the rest of the human race. - Alan Ayckbourn Quotes soni 0 11 09-19-2017, 10:21 PM