One reason for making and exhibiting a work is to induce a reaction or change in the viewer... - Adrian Piper Quotes
Quote:One reason for making and exhibiting a work is to induce a reaction or change in the viewer.... In this sense, the work as such is nonexistent except when it functions as a medium of change between the artist and viewer. - Adrian Piper Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Ocean's Thirteen] is a great group, and it was an opportunity to work with Steven Soderbergh. But mainly? It was shot in L.A. and I want to be next to my kids... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 0 32 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  Everything changes with age. The parts change with age, your feelings about them change, roles that I would've wanted to play 10 years ago, I don't want to play now. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 38 minutes ago
  I never saw myself as a director. It's certainly a second language but making movies for 40 years, you pick stuff up... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 45 minutes ago
  Acting is hard work. At times, it's very energizing and enervating. It's childish. It's also responsible. It's illuminating, enriching, joyful, drab. It's bizarre, diabolical. It's exciting. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 47 minutes ago
  I want to be a great actor someday, and I've decided there's no use philosophizing; the only way is to work at my craft. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 1 53 minutes ago