Be hated. One does not have to be evil to be hated. In fact, it’s often the case that one is hated precisely... - Adrian Tan Quotes
Quote:Be hated. One does not have to be evil to be hated. In fact, it’s often the case that one is hated precisely because one is trying to do right by one’s own convictions. It is far too easy to be liked, one merely has to be accommodating and hold no strong convictions. Then one will gravitate towards the centre and settle into the average. That cannot be your role. There are a great many bad people in the world, and if you are not offending them, you must be bad yourself. - Adrian Tan Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My counsel advises me that there is no controlling legal authority or case that says there was any violation of law whatsoever. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 06:44 AM
Last Post: soni
  In the age of the internet, with all of its problems, over time, the very fact that individuals can join the conversation creates the opportunity for the emergence of - for the re-emergence of a genuine conversation of democracy. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-16-2017, 08:14 AM
  There are some bright spots, to be sure, but the internet is still in a Wild West phase, as was the case during the early age of the printing press as well. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-16-2017, 07:58 AM
  I take no pleasure in the fact that the scientific predictions I've relayed to popular audiences turn out to be true. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-16-2017, 07:43 AM
  The Founders of the U.S. gave the senators a term of office three times longer than that of a representative precisely to encourage... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-15-2017, 10:08 PM