There are certain functions that the family performs. In the first place the family provides society... - Adrian Wilson Quotes
Quote:There are certain functions that the family performs. In the first place the family provides society with an orderly means of reproduction, while at the same time the norms of marriage control the potentially disruptive forces of sexuality. Second, the family provides physical and economic support for the child during the early years of dependence. The child receives its primary socialization in the family, learning the essential ideas and values required for adult life. - Adrian Wilson Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I drive a hybrid. Tipper and I got a Lexus hybrid. And we have a couple of Priuses in the family with our children. And I encourage people to make environmentally conscious choices because we all have to solve this climate crisis. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 Today, 08:06 AM
Last Post: soni
  It's not unusual to find big political shifts that take place beneath the surface before they're visible above the surface. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 Today, 07:52 AM
  For a free country to continue thriving, there have to be regular reforms, because any society, any economy that stays in place,... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 10:53 PM
  The spiritual sense of our place in nature... can be traced to the origins of human civilization... The last vestige of organized goddess worship was eliminated by Christianity. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
  Third world nations are producing too many children too fast...it is time to ignore the controversy over family planning and cut out-of-control population growth... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-14-2017, 10:37 PM