Women have been driven mad, “gaslighted”, for centuries by the refutation of our experience and our instincts in a culture... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:Women have been driven mad, “gaslighted”, for centuries by the refutation of our experience and our instincts in a culture which validates only male experience. The truth of our bodies and our minds has been mystified to us. We therefore have primary obligation to each other: not to undermine each other’s sense of reality for the sake of expediency; not to gaslight each other. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's all background experience and listening and exposure. That's why it's so important for people today and during any time to expose your children to lots of different kinds of things. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 4 08-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Last Post: soni
  Rich could play way better than Krupa. - Al Hirt Quotes soni 0 4 08-19-2017, 10:30 PM
  I didn't have a mother; I had a mama. I measure other women by the stature of my mama. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 3 08-19-2017, 06:51 AM
  I work to promote the idea of sustainable capitalism driven by long-term considerations rather than quarterly profits, which seeks to better people's lives and the planet rather than destroy them. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-18-2017, 10:19 PM
  The symbolism - and the substantive significance - of planting a tree has universal power in every culture and every society on Earth... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-17-2017, 07:08 AM