No woman is really an insider in the institutions fathered by masculine consciousness... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:No woman is really an insider in the institutions fathered by masculine consciousness. When we allow ourselves to believe we are, we lose touch with parts of ourselves defined as unacceptable by that consciousness; with the vital toughness and visionary strength of the angry grandmothers, the fierce market women of the Ibo's Women's War, the marriage-resisting women silk workers of pre-Revolutionary China, the millions of widows, midwives, and the women healers tortured and burned as witches for three centuries in Europe. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rich could play way better than Krupa. - Al Hirt Quotes soni 0 4 08-19-2017, 10:30 PM
Last Post: soni
  Speaking from my own religious tradition in this Christmas season, 2,000 years ago a homeless woman gave birth to a homeless child in a manger because the inn was full. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 11 08-17-2017, 07:29 AM
  The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity. It is also our greatest opportunity to lift Global Consciousness to a higher level. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 10:21 PM
  There is a cliche that men want their women to be ladies in public and hookers behind closed doors. I want my woman to be the sharper image robot so that she can be turned off. - Al Goldstein Quotes soni 0 14 08-12-2017, 11:00 PM
  The only way marriage can work is if a man respects the woman and she is a thinking woman and he wants to work on the marriage. - Al Goldstein Quotes soni 0 10 08-12-2017, 10:51 PM