The longer I live the more I mistrust theatricality, the false glamour cast by performance, the more... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:The longer I live the more I mistrust theatricality, the false glamour cast by performance, the more I know its poverty beside the truths we are salvaging from the splitting-open of our lives. -from "Transcendental Etude - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American democracy is in grave danger from the changes in the environment in which ideas either live and spread or wither and die. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 10 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  The Founders of the U.S. gave the senators a term of office three times longer than that of a representative precisely to encourage... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
  And just as the false assumption that we are not connected to the earth has led to the ecological crisis, so to the equally false assumption that we arenot connected to each other that has led to our social crisis. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 07:27 AM
  Each and every one of us can make changes in the way we live our lives and become part of the solution [to climate change] - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-13-2017, 04:20 PM
  My dad never graduated high school. He was a printing salesman. We lived in a two-bedroom, one-bath house in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. We weren't rich - but we felt secure. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 9 08-12-2017, 06:29 AM