The danger lies in forgetting what we had. The flow between generations becomes a trickle... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:The danger lies in forgetting what we had. The flow between generations becomes a trickle, grandchildren tape-recording grandparents' memories on special occasions perhaps-no casual storytelling jogged by daily life, there being no shared daily life what with migrations, exiles, diasporas, rendings, the search for work. Or there is a shared daily life riddled with holes of silence. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can walk. It's just that I'm so rich I don't need to. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
Last Post: soni
  Test pilots have a litmus test for evaluating problems. When something goes wrong, they ask, "Is this thing still flying?" If the answer is yes, then there's no immediate danger, no need to overreact. - Alan Bean Quotes soni 0 16 09-19-2017, 10:37 PM
  I had never really wanted to be famous. Everyone is supposed to want to be rich and famous, but as a boy I never knew what rich was, and the first view I had of famous made me leery. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 15 09-17-2017, 11:22 PM
  It isn't necessary to be rich and famous to be happy. It's only necessary to be rich. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 9 09-16-2017, 07:34 AM
  Lukashenko grabbed victory through force and lies. - Alaksandar Milinkievic Quotes soni 0 12 09-15-2017, 10:29 AM