That's why I want to speak to you now. To say: no person, trying to take responsibility for her or his identity... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:That's why I want to speak to you now. To say: no person, trying to take responsibility for her or his identity, should have to be so alone. There must be those among whom we can sit down and weep, and still be counted as warriors. (I make up this strange, angry packet for you, threaded with love.) I think you thought there was no such place for you, and perhaps there was none then, and perhaps there is none now; but we will have to make it, we who want an end to suffering, who want to change the laws of history, if we are not to give ourselves away. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My primary responsibility is to be funny, - Al Madrigal Quotes soni 0 1 43 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  Oscar Wilde said the rich and the poor are equal - they can both sleep under the bridge. Right? Do they have a right? You're damn right they have a right! - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 2 2 hours ago
  Mike Bloomfield sat down and started playing, and I went, whoa! Because I had never heard any white person play like that before... - Al Kooper Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 06:34 AM
  Everything shapes you to be the person you are today. Sometimes hard lessons pay off dividends. - Al Jourgensen Quotes soni 0 9 08-20-2017, 08:49 AM
  Rich could play way better than Krupa. - Al Hirt Quotes soni 0 4 08-19-2017, 10:30 PM