I guess what concerns me always is the need for a field, a rich compost, for any art to flourish... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:I guess what concerns me always is the need for a field, a rich compost, for any art to flourish. But however isolate or unheard you may feel, if you have the need to write poetry, are compelled to write it, you go on, whether there is resonance or not. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can walk. It's just that I'm so rich I don't need to. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
Last Post: soni
  Art comes out of art; it begins with imitation, often in the form of parody, and it's in the process of imitating the voice of others that one comes to learn the sound of one's own. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  I guess in America we're so sold on this ideal of the perfect, well-adjusted family that is able to confront any conflict and, with true love and understanding, work things through... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-21-2017, 11:42 PM
  I play tennis non-obsessively. I seem to beat people I play a lot or half the time, so I guess I gravitate to people who are as bad as I am. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 18 09-18-2017, 09:32 PM
  I find myself going to places where I really have no business, speaking to these people in a whole other field that I have no extensive knowledge of. But I do it very often because it scares me. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 17 09-18-2017, 09:27 PM