There's been real hostility toward political poetry in the U.S., hostility or, at best, incomprehension... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:There's been real hostility toward political poetry in the U.S., hostility or, at best, incomprehension. I'm speaking of those who have institutional power over what gets published, over grants andprizes and reviewing. Most of them, though not all, arewhite and male. But even as American society is unravelling, becoming more violent and punitive, wonderful political poetshave been emerging. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can walk. It's just that I'm so rich I don't need to. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
Last Post: soni
  We live in a time where there's an alienation factor. There's a certain disconnection. We don't have any real sense of community anymore. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 15 09-21-2017, 11:43 PM
  Fresno is an All America city and deserves real, honest, strong leadership and I pledge to the people of Fresno to be that kind of leader. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 13 09-19-2017, 10:14 PM
  I had never really wanted to be famous. Everyone is supposed to want to be rich and famous, but as a boy I never knew what rich was, and the first view I had of famous made me leery. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 14 09-17-2017, 11:22 PM
  I'm in the real world, some people try to steal from me, and I stop them, frequently, take them to court. I love a good lawsuit. It's fun. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 12 09-17-2017, 11:12 PM