I am uncomfortable with talking of poetry as a priestly profession, because I have little use for organized religions and priestly hierarchies... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:I am uncomfortable with talking of poetry as a priestly profession, because I have little use for organized religions and priestly hierarchies. They have demoralized, persecuted, so many, including women, gays, non-believers. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And nobody is talking about taking guns away from hunters or sportsmen or banning all guns. Nobody is talking about that. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-16-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: soni
  The spiritual sense of our place in nature... can be traced to the origins of human civilization... The last vestige of organized goddess worship was eliminated by Christianity. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 10:22 PM
  Two thousand scientists, in a hundred countries, engaged in the most elaborate, well organized scientific collaboration in the history of humankind,... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-14-2017, 10:12 PM
  My dad never graduated high school. He was a printing salesman. We lived in a two-bedroom, one-bath house in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. We weren't rich - but we felt secure. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 10 08-12-2017, 06:29 AM
  When people talked about protecting their privacy when I was growing up, they were talking about protecting it from the government... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-10-2017, 07:20 AM