White hate crimes, white hate speech. I still try to claim I wasn't brought up to hate. But hate isn't the half of it... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:White hate crimes, white hate speech. I still try to claim I wasn't brought up to hate. But hate isn't the half of it. I grew up in the vast encircling presumption of whiteness - that primary quality of being which knows itself, its passions, only against an otherness that has to be dehumanized. I grew up in white silence that was utterly obsessional. Race was the theme whatever the topic. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life isn't a science. We make it up as we go. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 5 3 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I did a whole concert in Atlanta with my fly open, and I had a black suit on and a white shirt. My white shirt was protruding from the fly. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 6 4 hours ago
  I have found people on both sides of the aisle, white and black, that'll give you the shirt off their back. And I've also found people that won't give you a piece of bread if you're starving to death. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 4 4 hours ago
  I think that asserting that former President Obama wasn't born in the United States was just the height of irresponsibility, of course. And Donald Trump corrected that one. There are others that have yet to be corrected. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
  John McCain is now openly endorsing the policies of the Bush-Cheney White House and promising to actually continue the same policies over again? Hey, I believe in recycling but that's ridiculous. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 10:15 PM