When the landscape buckles and jerks around, when a dust column of debris rises from the collapse... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:When the landscape buckles and jerks around, when a dust column of debris rises from the collapse of a block of buildings on bodies that could have been your own, when the staves of history fall awry and the barrel of time bursts apart, some turn to prayer, some to poetry: words in the memory, a stained book carried close to the body, the notebook scribbled by hand--a center of gravity. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can walk. It's just that I'm so rich I don't need to. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
Last Post: soni
  There has been much talk referencing what I consider conceptual reports like the Landscape of Choice and documents created as a result of the Great Valley Center. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 6 09-19-2017, 10:10 PM
  I had never really wanted to be famous. Everyone is supposed to want to be rich and famous, but as a boy I never knew what rich was, and the first view I had of famous made me leery. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 14 09-17-2017, 11:22 PM
  It isn't necessary to be rich and famous to be happy. It's only necessary to be rich. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 9 09-16-2017, 07:34 AM
  I once recommended [in a San Francisco Chronicle column] that a third arm - a plastic arm - be sewn at the base of the spine so that people could have a tripod to sit on while waiting in line, and it was taken seriously. - Alan Abel Quotes soni 0 8 09-15-2017, 10:32 AM