We assume that politicians are without honor. We read their statements trying to crack the code... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:We assume that politicians are without honor. We read their statements trying to crack the code. The scandals of their politics: not so much that men in high places lie, only that they do so with such indifference, so endlessly, still expecting to be believed. We are accustomed to the contempt inherent in the political lie. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I read a lot. I spend of lot time thinking. It actually looks like I'm doing nothing, but... hanging out with clever and interesting people is a must if you're writing comedy... - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 5 4 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Understood what the struggle was about. My mother. Couldn't read or write, but she had more sense than many a graduate from Harvard. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 5 6 hours ago
  Oscar Wilde said the rich and the poor are equal - they can both sleep under the bridge. Right? Do they have a right? You're damn right they have a right! - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 2 6 hours ago
  America gets the politicians they deserve. That's it. And you keep struggling. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 2 6 hours ago
  The very funny thing about "Like A Rolling Stone" is it was a six minute song, there was no music to read from... - Al Kooper Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 06:35 AM