There is the falsely mystical view of art that assumes a kind of supernatural inspiration, a possession by universal forces... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:There is the falsely mystical view of art that assumes a kind of supernatural inspiration, a possession by universal forces unrelated to questions of power and privilege or the artist's relation to bread and blood. In this view, the channel of art can only become clogged and misdirected by the artist's concern with merely temporary and local disturbances. The song is higher than the struggle. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We now face the prospect of a kind of global civil war between those who refuse to consider the consequences of civilization's relentless... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 34 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  I've kind of fallen out of love with politics. ... Whatever experience and talents I've gained over the years I think it may well be that the highest... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 39 minutes ago
  Now comes the threat of climate crisis - a threat that is real, rising, imminent, and universal. Once again, it is the 11th hour... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 40 minutes ago
  We are close to a time when all of humankind will envision a global agenda that encompasses a kind of Global Marshall Plan to address the causes of poverty and suffering and environmental destruction all over the earth. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 Today, 08:14 AM
  There are skeptics who do not come to their view because they have a source of income from carbon polluters. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 Today, 07:53 AM