Sexist grammar burns into the brains of little girls and young women a message that the male is the norm... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:Sexist grammar burns into the brains of little girls and young women a message that the male is the norm, the standard, the central figure beside which we are all deviants, the marginal, the dependent variables. It lays the foundation for androcentric thinking, and leaves men safe in their solipsistic tunnel-vision. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The message from Wal-Mart today to the rest of the business community is there need not be any conflict between the environment... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 10 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Population growth is straining the Earth's resources to the breaking point, and educating girls is the single most important factor in stabilizing that... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:27 PM
  There was never any doubt in our minds that men and women were equal, if not more so. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:09 PM
  I have felt for a long time that the pathway to solving the climate crisis is through the building of a massive grassroots army of men and women... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-14-2017, 10:27 PM
  There is a cliche that men want their women to be ladies in public and hookers behind closed doors. I want my woman to be the sharper image robot so that she can be turned off. - Al Goldstein Quotes soni 0 11 08-12-2017, 11:00 PM