... how have I used rivers, how have I used wars to escape writing of the worst thing of all-- not the crimes of other, not even our own death... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:... how have I used rivers, how have I used wars
to escape writing of the worst thing of all--
not the crimes of other, not even our own death,
but the failure to want our freedom passionately enough
so that blighted elms, sick rivers, massacres would seem
mere emblems of that desecration of ourselves? - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Throughout history, religious wars have always been the most brutal and cruel and merciless. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Science has a culture that is inherently cautious and that is normally not a bad thing. You could even say conservative... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 11 hours ago
  I think that more diversity is a good thing, and fresh points of view articulated by people who are committed to excellence in journalism is a beneficial change in the American media landscape. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 10:48 PM
  I support the death penalty. I think that it has to be administered not only fairly, with attention to things like DNA evidence... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-14-2017, 10:36 PM
  Since fame is an illusion and death is in our future all we have is the next moment before we are swallowed into oblivion. - Al Goldstein Quotes soni 0 11 08-13-2017, 07:44 AM