We see daily that our lives are terrible and little, without continuity, buyable and salable at any moment... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:We see daily that our lives are terrible and little, without continuity, buyable and salable at any moment, mere blips on a screen, that this is the way we live now. Memory marketed as nostalgia; terror reduced to mere suspense, to melodrama. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can walk. It's just that I'm so rich I don't need to. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 24 09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
Last Post: soni
  An article on playwrights in the Daily Mail , listed according to Hard Left, Soft Left, Hard Right, Soft Right and Centre. I am not listed. I should probably come under Soft Centre. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
  Children always assume the sexual lives of their parents come to a grinding halt at their conception. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 20 09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
  Books are not about passing the time. They're about other lives. Other worlds. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 13 09-22-2017, 10:23 AM
  Books are not about passing the time. They're about other lives. Other worlds. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 12 09-22-2017, 10:22 AM