Our personalities seem dangerously to blur and overlap with our mother's; and, in a desperate attempt to know where mother ends and daughter begins, we perform radical surgery. - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:Our personalities seem dangerously to blur and overlap with our mother's; and, in a desperate attempt to know where mother ends and daughter begins, we perform radical surgery. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can walk. It's just that I'm so rich I don't need to. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
Last Post: soni
  Art comes out of art; it begins with imitation, often in the form of parody, and it's in the process of imitating the voice of others that one comes to learn the sound of one's own. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  The majority of people perform well in a crisis and when the spotlight is on them; it's on the Sunday afternoons of this life, when nobody is looking, that the spirit falters. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM
  I had never really wanted to be famous. Everyone is supposed to want to be rich and famous, but as a boy I never knew what rich was, and the first view I had of famous made me leery. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 15 09-17-2017, 11:22 PM
  I was a child, and my mother was psychotic. She loved me, but I didn't really feel I had a mother... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-17-2017, 11:17 PM