In the middle-class United States, a veneer of "alternative lifestyles" disguises the reality that, here as everywhere, women's apparent... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:In the middle-class United States, a veneer of "alternative lifestyles" disguises the reality that, here as everywhere, women's apparent "choices" whether or not to have children are still dependent on the far from neutral will of male legislators, jurists, a male medical and pharmaceutical profession, well-financed lobbies, including the prelates of the Catholic Church, and the political reality that women do not as yet have self-determination over our bodies and still live mostly in ignorance of our authentic physicality, our possible choices, our eroticism itself. - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Breed never dies. Sapper, Buchan, Dornford Yates, practitioners in that school of Snobbery withViolence that runs like a thread of good-class tweed through twentieth-century literature. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: soni
  But most men regard their life as a poem that women threaten. They may not have two spondees to rub together but they still want to pen their saga untrammelled... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-23-2017, 06:52 PM
  I can walk. It's just that I'm so rich I don't need to. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
  History is a commentary on the various and continuing incapabilities of men. What is history? History is women following behind with the bucket. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 14 09-22-2017, 10:15 AM
  What I'm above all primarily concerned with is the substance of life, the pith of reality. If I had to sum up my work, I suppose that's it really: I'm taking the pith out of reality. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 13 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM