To read as if your life depended on it would mean to let into your reading your beliefs, the swirl of your dreamlife... - Adrienne Rich Quotes
Quote:To read as if your life depended on it would mean to let into your reading your beliefs, the swirl of your dreamlife, the physical sensations of your ordinary carnal life; and simultaneously, to allow what you're reading to pierce routines, safe and impermeable, in which ordinary carnal life is tracked, charted, channeled. Then, what of the right answers, the so-called multiple-choice examination sheet with the number 2 pencil to mark one choice and one choice only? - Adrienne Rich Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ...the emergent capabilities bursting forth from the revolutionary advances in the life sciences are about to make us the principal agent of evolution. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  In a time of social fragmentation, vulgarity becomes a way of life. To be shocking becomes more important - and often more profitable - than to be civil or creative or truly original. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 2 hours ago
  The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don't say 'I read a science fiction novel that says it's not a problem.' You take action. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-15-2017, 10:19 PM
  We are monumentally distracted by a pervasive technological culture that appears to have a life of its own, one that insists on our full attention... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-15-2017, 07:16 AM
  I had a detailed plan for my life, but it turned out life had a completely different plan for me... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-14-2017, 10:31 PM